Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maf

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jjm View Post
    So yours was an oem that you ordered correct ?
    Yes, OEM. New MAF made my idle like new again. So quiet at stop lights now, but a nice rumble when I come onto the throttle

User Info Menu

Heck i am going to look into this.

User Info Menu

Let me know how you make out. I'm on the far east coast of Canada and we have nothing here. So I'd think that your experience should be better than mine!

User Info Menu

I ended up buying an aftermarket MAF and it did not work at all in my 2000 BH5. They have the green o-ring on them

The OEM ones have a black o-ring.

I ended up cleaning my old MAF to fix the issue. Due to the design of the MAF and the fact the element is hidden it is very hard to clean the CRC cleaner.

To clean you need to buy a bottle of 99% Isopropanol, then submerge the MAF into the solution with the connector sticking out. i used an old vitamin jar. Then leave to soak for a couple of hours and shake it vigourously for a few minutes at a time. if you find the right size jar not much liquid will come out when you shake it.

I then pulled it out, shook as much liquid out as possible and left the rest to evaporate for a couple of hours.

Did an ECU reset and now i have a fixed MAF, for now. I am sending my aftermarket one back for a refund...

User Info Menu

Thanks for info.