Thread: How much would it take to import these bimmers?

User Info Menu

Default How much would it take to import these bimmers?

Can someone give me a ballpark on importing the following cars to Canada? Not driving stick unfortunately so maybe the autos are cheaper?

Alpina B3 3.3
    Alpina B10 3.2 or 3.3
    Z3 coupe 2.8 or 3.0

I would love to own ANY of those cars! These cars are either not sold in Canada or super difficult to find on the market. I also didn't know any of these cars existed until recently so let me know of any interesting bimmers I should consider--I know estates/tourings are rare but I want a coupe or sedan

Looks like most people import Japanese cars like Subarus, EVOs, etc. Thoughts on importing bimmers? Bad idea?

I'm a complete newbie and never imported a car before! The cars I listed are pretty rare I wonder if they hold their value well? Hard to insure? Difficult to find mechanics? Probably a ton of other questions that I haven't even considered yet!
    Last edited by bimmer; 06-19-2016 at 06:16 PM.

User Info Menu

Prices are crazy for Alpina's. I wanted to get a wife an E46 Alpina, but prices went through the roof. A B3 3.3 auto in good condition around 100k kms sells for 1.2-1.5 million JPY. Around 150k kms will about half that. E39 3.3's are a bit rare but prices are similar to the E46 3.3's.

I haven't been following the Z3 coupe's, but I think you'd be over 12k CAD on the road. Totally a guess though.

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing those figures. So at least $20,000 for the Alpina...