Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Steven Smith:Owner of Sastrad KK, Japan

User Info Menu

Oh wow that is a large list.. defiantly keep us in the loop on this situation. I agree, I never got that vibe he was a crook. I always had no problem with him until I had issues with my car.
    2001 CDM ITR #01-1324
    2018 Civic SI FC3

User Info Menu

Wow sorry to hear about this news, there are a few threads like this around now unfortunately and I am not aware of anyone finding a resolution but hope that somehow happens. I also see it appears the Sastrad website is now down so not good news.

FYI again everyone Sastrad has not been a Sponsor for some time after so many unresolved complaints came up. We really depend on the community to always give us honest feedback regardless of the person or company involved.

User Info Menu

So I am another one to be scammed by Steven Smith. DOn't give him a penny.
    He doesn't do what he promises to do and yes I have people working on it to get his license suspended.
    He conned me out of a lot of money. Officially my vehicle is waiting at the port and he's waiting to hear from the shipping agent.
    He uses the same excuse that I see he gave a year ago - something about major things going on in his personal life. Well then why is he still trading and conning people.
    Steven Smith I hope you are reading this because I am doing everything in my legal powers to make sure you can't scam anyone anymore.
    You know how and where to contact me and you know what I am waiting for.
    Your website has been taken down and your phone line disconnected.
    Have you gone bust?

User Info Menu

This is unreal... I can't believe he is still doing this!
    2001 CDM ITR #01-1324
    2018 Civic SI FC3

User Info Menu

I am currently on holiday overseas (until 15th March) with limited internet access but logged on today to see what is happening.

Steve is no longer in business and has left Japan as of dec 2016. I meet Steve at my yard in Nagaoya a week before Xmas as I was helping a customer of his recover a vehicle that he had paid Steve months prior for. I/we had to pay some $$ in cash (he would not accept any other payment) to Steve so he would give me the vehicle and paperwork. When Steve delevered the vehicle in person so he could collect the cash the paperwork was not correct so I refused to pay him the ransom (what his customer called it in the end) for the vehicle until he provided me with the correct paperwork other wise I could not export the vehicle and it would have to be sold here as scrap. Steve was in a panic because he wanted the cash and was flying out the in a couple of days. The following day he returned to my yard with the correct paperwork which I then paid him the cash and his customers car was now in my yard and in my control.

You may be thinking why pay the ransom that Steve wanted - because the customer had an option of loosing every thing or pay the ransom. Although the vehicle now owes the customer a lot more he could import it and hopefully sell it to recoup up to almost 100% of what he has invested.

For the record - the customer negotiated the ransom with Steve and I just handled the hand over, receiving the vehicle and exporting it which as of last month is now in Canada . Also I never charged (just my exspenses incured) Steves customer for arranging everything and exporting the vehicle as I felt sorry for the guy and although he may never import a vehicle again I wanted to show him we are not all bad.

Long story short - do not send any $$ to Steve because he has closed down, his yard is no longer there (it was only a rented lot) and he has skipped the country.

Cheers

Mark.

User Info Menu

Thanks for that Mark, now we'll find him in Canada and get him in our justice system.

John

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark - Brave Auto View Post
    I am currently on holiday overseas (until 15th March) with limited internet access but logged on today to see what is happening.

Steve is no longer in business and has left Japan as of dec 2016. I meet Steve at my yard in Nagaoya a week before Xmas as I was helping a customer of his recover a vehicle that he had paid Steve months prior for. I/we had to pay some $$ in cash (he would not accept any other payment) to Steve so he would give me the vehicle and paperwork. When Steve delevered the vehicle in person so he could collect the cash the paperwork was not correct so I refused to pay him the ransom (what his customer called it in the end) for the vehicle until he provided me with the correct paperwork other wise I could not export the vehicle and it would have to be sold here as scrap. Steve was in a panic because he wanted the cash and was flying out the in a couple of days. The following day he returned to my yard with the correct paperwork which I then paid him the cash and his customers car was now in my yard and in my control.

You may be thinking why pay the ransom that Steve wanted - because the customer had an option of loosing every thing or pay the ransom. Although the vehicle now owes the customer a lot more he could import it and hopefully sell it to recoup up to almost 100% of what he has invested.

For the record - the customer negotiated the ransom with Steve and I just handled the hand over, receiving the vehicle and exporting it which as of last month is now in Canada . Also I never charged (just my exspenses incured) Steves customer for arranging everything and exporting the vehicle as I felt sorry for the guy and although he may never import a vehicle again I wanted to show him we are not all bad.

Long story short - do not send any $$ to Steve because he has closed down, his yard is no longer there (it was only a rented lot) and he has skipped the country.

Cheers

Mark.
    Hi Mark,

Are you able to send me an email when you have a chance? I am waiting on two vehicles from Steven since February 2016. I had a container ACTUALLY land finally after six months just this past January 2017. He was answering me up until this point. As soon as I accepted the container in Canada, he disappeared from all contact, will not answer emails, phone is disconnected, etc.

I can no longer reach him and he owes us two vehicles, a evo 6 and a supra RZ. I am working with a Japanese Exporter in Japan for help, but every time he tries to contact the authorities or a resource to have this resolved, they tell him that it is none of his business and they can do nothing unless we contact them directly. But when I contacted the embassy, I was told that I have to first contact a lawyer? The only problem is I do not see how a lawyer can help in this matter. It has gone from a civil suit to fraudulent activities.

Anyways, please let me know if you can help in anyway, or if you can point me in the right direction. If we have to pay a fee to get the vehicles shipped, we would be willing to, so that we do not forfeit all that we have invested in these cars.

Email: essexcountyjdmtuners@gmail.com
    I can also contact you via skype if easier.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Default Robbed by Steven Smith from Sastrad KK for 1.5 Million JPY

Dear Members,
    I am writing you this to express my concern and my case in regards to fraudulent activity done by a Japanese car export company called Sastrad KK (used car Lic # 54310600100) whose owner is Steven Smith, Located at 2685-152 Aza Minamihara, Nakasahidami, Moriyama, Nagoya, Aichi Japan 463-0002. I was offered to purchase a 1996 Mercedes G Wagon (wine color) Vin# WDB46323117105853 by Steven Smith from Sastrad kk in August 2015. As per the invoice , I sent a wire transfer for the amount requested, After Over 6 months I never received the Vehicle from Steven Smith or a refund even after numerous inquires. All I got was false promises and misleading messages for almost a year that the Vehicle would be shipped or the money refunded with interest as they didn't deliver according to their contract. I was very patient with Steve and I guess too naive to not know that I was being taken advantage of my kindness and patience. I was told story after story why the car couldn't be shipped and how they needed to liquidate the vehicle before they can send me my refund. I waited for over a year to try and give him time to sort out his issues but no effort made by the company or Steven Smith to do anything about this matter. I am a newlywed young man and I had taken a loan to purchase this vehicle and I have been very distressed for over a year on this matter with many sleepless nights. I am seeking advise and direction for anyone to help me in this matter of being robbed of 1.5 million JPY by Sastrad KK whose owner is Steven Smith. ANYONE ELSE WHO IS PLANNING TO DO BUSINESS WITH STEVEN SMITH FROM NAGOYA JAPAN PLEASE BE AWARE, HE IS A COMPULSIVE LIAR AND CON MAN. I have numerous email conversations to support my accusation of his character. I would not want anyone to go through what I have gone through with the mistake of doing business with Steven Smith, Please reach out to me if your have any questions or need any proof of my case. I would like to gather up other individuals who have been taken advantage by Steven Smith to build a strong case again him as I will be going to Japan for 3 months. Please feel free to contact me at ejm1777@gmail.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by terreneuve View Post
    Thanks for that Mark, now we'll find him in Canada and get him in our justice system.

John
    Please reach out to me and we can discuss the matter further on how to prosecute Steve. I am planning to go to Japan for 3 months and want to build a strong case.. Thanks

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forums ejm sorry it had to be under these circumstances though! I hope you guys can find a resolution together. As always I recommend all members post their experiences with any Exporter regardless of their rep good or bad because it may give others the heads up.

Cheers and Best wishes guys.