Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2001 Sti GDB

User Info Menu

Default 2001 Sti GDB

Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone on this forum has imported one of these cars? If so how has it been?

Geoff

User Info Menu

I got one this spring, had a lot of trouble with it engine wise. Once I got it all fixed the car has been a dream, I love it.
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

Best importable Subaru by far in my opinion.

User Info Menu

I really like the forged internals from the factory. Along with the 6 speed transmission. Seems like they are going at good prices William?

RHDGC8, what kind of motor troubles?

User Info Menu

Rod knock, was defiantly a very costly issue to fix. Mileage does not matter, mine only had 106k with that issue. You can check out my build thread for the full explanation of everything if you'd like. These are normally very strong engines and a good car to import, I just had bad luck.
    @cdmtyper

User Info Menu

I just read it! That really sucks. From what I took away from that thread is too steer away from any cars with the description of engine noise.

User Info Menu

Yes defiantly stay away and you shouldn't have any issues. Also pick a good exporter/importer.
    @cdmtyper

User Info Menu

I was looking at B-Pro auto or JDM Connection for importing a car. Waiting on the time to be right.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by geoff123p View Post
    I really like the forged internals from the factory. Along with the 6 speed transmission. Seems like they are going at good prices William?

RHDGC8, what kind of motor troubles?
    They're not as expensive as others cars in the same class, and in my opinion are great value for the money. That also said though, the good ones aren't super cheap and you get what you pay for with regards to grade, mileage, etc.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    They're not as expensive as others cars in the same class, and in my opinion are great value for the money. That also said though, the good ones aren't super cheap and you get what you pay for with regards to grade, mileage, etc.

That was my opinion as well. I would shoot with one with low mileage and good grade. Unmodified is much more preferred as well.