Thread: Future JDM ,Aristo owner from the UK

User Info Menu

Default Future JDM ,Aristo owner from the UK

Hi all. Long story short, went back to college for a year so sold my Renault Clio RS200 which was awesome fun but always craved some boost. Had an old discovery which got beaten a bit too much off road, then onto a 95 BMW 325tds which the MOT tester seemed to have a grudge against, so now I have a cheap 1.4 diesel polo which bores me to death. So now I'm back to work and looking to get something family friendly but with a bit of poke. So I've narrowed it down to a JDM Aristo 2jz-gte. Not going to be till early next year but I've been keeping an eye on the auctions and now some reading on here to do.
    Cheers, Elliott.

User Info Menu

Welcome and nice choice, I've owned both of the turbo Aristo series (JZS147 and JZS161). They are both an excellent blend of comfort for a family, space, reliability and fun but I highly recommend a good set of coilovers on these types of cars and uprated brakepads are a must.

User Info Menu

It's taken me a while to decide on what to get. Keeping an eye on auctions and there are what seems like some nice examples coming up and going well within budget. I can imagine they are a bit willowy on standard but j don't want to lose the comfort. I guess a decent set of coilys would be alright, allthough the dream is to have it on air.

User Info Menu

I was the same way when selecting a vehicle. I had Tein CS and the feeling was fantastic but it is true with many coils you will lose some comfort. I don't think they they make even aftermarket air for Aristo but for cars like Celsior they do (personally I had my air recently changed out due to failure they just don't last long).

Let us know once find your Aristo!