Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to work on the Evo! 2017 mods!!

User Info Menu

Default Back to work on the Evo! 2017 mods!!

So the Evo 4 is apart again. This time I am making some major chages for the 2017 track season. 2016 was great however the Evo 4, being a small arch car, only allowed me to cram 215's under the car. That wont do for 2017. My plan is to step up to a 245 on 9 inch wheels or so.

To do this I will be swapping body panels from an Evo 5 as well I will be using fenders from Varis up front to complete an original wide body look. I also need to install a roll bar and swap in a bunch or interior parts.

So far this is the evolution of my car:

New:

User Info Menu

Man this is so beautiful, your doing a awesome job.
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhdgc8 View Post
    Man this is so beautiful, your doing a awesome job.
    Thanks! appreciate that.....

So for the body I will be collecting a bunch of parts, doing repairs, panel prep and paint. This is the combination Ive decided on:

- The front bumper will remain, I will be removing it and fixing some cracks and paint flaws. So Evo 4 bumper.
    - I will keep the custom aluminum splitter I built. I will be removing it and repainting it.
    - Front fenders will be Evo 4 Varis 30mm wider GT fenders in fiberglass.
    - I will be then cutting the rear arches, spot welding them and resealing them. I will then use Evo 5 flairs. These flairs will have new seals and clips installed from Mitsubishi.
    - I will be using an Evo 5 rear bumper.
    - Due to having and Evo 4 front and an Evo 5 rear I will have to custom make an Evo 4to5 side skirt. So I will fibreglass the ends of an Evo 4 skirt to match the transition from Evo 5 flairs to an Evo 4 skirt.

During the modifications I will have to match the existing Silver Metallic paint and respray all these new parts to match.

Off to the races!

User Info Menu

Evo 5 parts everywhere!
    A fellow Evo owner helped me out with a bunch of decent spares for the project.....

User Info Menu

These are the glorious GT fenders from Varis ..... $$$$$

User Info Menu

Car is coming apart again!

User Info Menu

Nice EVO! Love these cars!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WAGOWN View Post
    Nice EVO! Love these cars!
    Thanks! This one will be going through a lot of changes over the next few months....

So a few things needed to be done on the car. After two seasons my front bumper has taken quite a beating so some repairs and a re-paint are in order.

User Info Menu

All the cracks were beveled out and repaired....

User Info Menu

While my repairs were drying I had to cut the rear arches as the evo 5 and 6 have about an inch more of clearance....