I have been considering one of these over the Toyota Alphard mainly due to Estima weighing much less.

There are so many models to choose from even in the MCR40W chassis (eg. T, L, G Aeras, non-Aeras) and I have looked around but haven't found a lot of useful information. This model was also sold as Previa in the UK and Terago in Australia. One thing I would like to have is the 7 seater version with the captain style middle row swivelling seats.

Do the JDM models have anchor/tether bolts behind the middle seats to attach car seats? I heard the middle bench does while the very rear cannot be used for this purpose but others claim Toyota has a bolt-in anchor bolt from the dealer.

As for the 4WD does anyone know much about how it works? Is it 25% to each wheel or is it more like AWD and if so what style? Is it OK and safe to use full time? It sounds like there is a button you need to engage it each time you start the vehicle and there is a "4WD" and "Auto" setting. Is there a way to permanently engage the 4WD?

Just thought I'd start this thread off now and add other info/links later and hope others can help.