Thread: STi Forester EJ205 engine valve cover gaskets?

User Info Menu

Default STi Forester EJ205 engine valve cover gaskets?

need to replace both of mine.

I tried to re-seal both of mine (didn't work) and have to install new ones. I noticed that they EXACTLY like the local EJ205 WRX valve cover gaskets. Can anyone confirm or deny ?

Here is the gasket.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Fits-02-05-Su...xUlGjy&vxp=mtr

User Info Menu

I do not know for sure but would think the chance is high that they would work (older Subaru models had gaskets compatible from other Subaru's with different engines even).
    There is a thread I have here for Subaru FAST, you could punch in your chassis# and make 100% sure.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    I do not know for sure but would think the chance is high that they would work (older Subaru models had gaskets compatible from other Subaru's with different engines even).
    There is a thread I have here for Subaru FAST, you could punch in your chassis# and make 100% sure.
    can you please give me the link ?

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Don’t even need FAST anymore.

Go to partsouq.com and type in your jdm vin/serial. Don’t even need the hyphen.

From there you can find all the part numbers.

If you find the part number and post it here, I’ll look in the Subaru Canada parts list and get you the newest (superseded) part number. Then you can find it at a dealer instead of eBay.