Thread: Fukushima Auction House Radiation

User Info Menu

Default Fukushima Auction House Radiation

For those who know the situation there has been a lot of debate over it, some people at first thought the issue was minor but even to this day I can tell which cars are from Fukushima auction because they have the "red/white" radiation shield right in the photo bay. Does anyone know how far the auction house is from the Fukushima reactors?

Would you guys stay away from cars that went through Fukushima?

Before people get too scared I believe cars being exported are tested for radiation and get a so-called "ANCC" sticker. Some countries still may screen for radiation.

User Info Menu

Bump does anyone have any info on this?

User Info Menu

Well my car at port had pics taken and this was one of them:
    P10[1].jpg

Of course, maybe they didn't use the meter on my car......

User Info Menu

Very interesting a quick Google seems to show that is a safe number. It would be interesting to see the numbers from cars themselves in different regions especially Fukushima. Some things I've read showed radioactive moss on roofs outside the exclusion zone with very high radiation levels. I wonder how a car would fare in the same area and what the standard is for too much radiation and what happens if anything? We should all buy geiger counters

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    Very interesting a quick Google seems to show that is a safe number. It would be interesting to see the numbers from cars themselves in different regions especially Fukushima. Some things I've read showed radioactive moss on roofs outside the exclusion zone with very high radiation levels. I wonder how a car would fare in the same area and what the standard is for too much radiation and what happens if anything? We should all buy geiger counters
    I had no idea they would do radiation tests at the port does it mean that some cars have been found with high radiation or just as a precaution to reassure overseas buyers?