Thread: Ecu Swap For Better Tuning

User Info Menu

Default Ecu Swap For Better Tuning

Looking for a better tuning option for my 1999 Version 6 STI.

I have seen the Apexi Power FC setups and heard from several tuning sources its a 50/50 shot if it works right or not. I just put in another version 6 motor last week due to the timing jumping, so while it was out I did a few upgrades. Car is getting tuned on Monday 24 July 17 on ECUTEK hopefully the flashes take to my ecu and they don't brick it. I have a spare ecu the ill have on stand by just incase it does. looking for a more reliable tuning solution plus maybe have the capability. I will be hopefully running E85 in a month or so but will be swapping out to bigger injectors.

VF48 STI TURBO
    PERRIN TURBO INLET
    PERRIN INTAKE
    TOMEI UP-PIPE
    TOMEI EQUAL LENGTH HEADER
    90MM FUL TITANIUM CATBACK
    2012 STI TMIC
    DW FUEL PUMP
    STI OIL PAN
    MOROSO OIL PICK UP TUBE
    HKS BLOW OFF VALVE
    CUSTOM 2 GAUGE DASH CLUSTER
    TURBO SMART 50MM BOOST GAUGE
    AEM WIDEBAND O2 GAUGE
    ENKEI 17X7.5 WHEELS
    BC COILOVERS
    Attached Images Attached Images
      To view attachments your post count must be 1 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.

User Info Menu

If you have the money, I'd highly recommend the Haltech ecu for this kind of job.

Another option would be to throw in a USDM ECU in there, adjust all appropriate parts and wiring to the USDM STi, and open source the ECU.

In all honesty, the Haltech PS1000 is a good unit that some of my friends use and it's probably going to the best option for future mapping.

User Info Menu

thanks for the heads up. I did ecutek with no issues and made 295 hp on 16psi on a mustang dyno in Connecticut. not bad and it pulls hard as hell all the way to 8k in every gear! absolutely love it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuma View Post
    If you have the money, I'd highly recommend the Haltech ecu for this kind of job.

Another option would be to throw in a USDM ECU in there, adjust all appropriate parts and wiring to the USDM STi, and open source the ECU.

In all honesty, the Haltech PS1000 is a good unit that some of my friends use and it's probably going to the best option for future mapping.