Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stolen JDM my 1993 Subaru Impreza WRX Type RA - Caught on Camera - $1000 Reward

User Info Menu

Unhappy Stolen JDM my 1993 Subaru Impreza WRX Type RA - Caught on Camera - $1000 Reward

Hey guys I would really appreciate everyone's help with tracking down the Impreza yesterday on Nov 3rd at about 3:30AM (the timestamp on the video is about 45 minutes ahead) my car was stolen. The good news is that they were caught on camera and police came down right away and asked for a copy of the footage.

For those who don't know the history of this site, the Impreza WRX Type RA has been my favorite car and I planned on keeping it forever. It was the car that really got this site going and was extremely hard to get here.

If everyone could keep an eye out on the road, in parking lots, car garages, Craigslist, forums etc... I would really appreciate it.

I find it very odd that they would spend so much time on Impreza unless they were looking for it. They spent about 15 minutes on this job which included moving between the other stolen car they came in multiple break-in attempts, hotwiring and disabling the anti-theft. Why risk so much time and hassle on an old RHD that looks unique and attracts attention? The car was either taken for personal reasons or because it was nearly 25 years old I suspect.

The RCMP/police were real pros like on TV the first thing they said is "sir this Acura parked outside doesn't belong to this neighborhood does it?" before they even talked to me they looked at every vehicle in the area. Even after they left they waited for the stolen Acura to be towed and seemed to be thoroughly investigating and taking this very seriously.

Many thanks for your help everyone and especially if someone can help me get this car back.

Cheers

Youtube video below please share and spread this in hopes that someone knows something.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru56__eSQL0

Last edited by jdmvip; 11-08-2017 at 10:58 AM.

User Info Menu

Angry

Thieves are the scum of the earth.

User Info Menu

Ah, man.. sorry to hear that

User Info Menu

Thanks guys still no news but the reward is still out. Hopefully by some miracle Impreza does get recovered.
    Bump for those who haven't viewed the video and aren't aware please lookout for Impreza.

$1000 reward still up for grabs

User Info Menu

OMG!!! I am so sorry to hear this! I really hope you find your car and these guys get what they deserve.
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

Thumbs down Impreza Recovered ........ :(

Hey guys good and VERY bad news.......Impreza has been recovered in Chilliwack BC. A nice Police Officer/Constable called and broke the bad part of the news.
    Impreza was found flipped in a ditch near the highway, completely damaged, interior stripped completely down, steering wheel gone, seats gone, rims gone, M2 Exhaust gone, engine mainly stripped so it's a stripped writeoff .

We're quite devastated I searched at auction basically this era of Version 1 GC8 WRX RA is impossible to find now.

User Info Menu

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post

VERY bad news... it's a stripped writeoff
    Geez, not much I can add to what I previously posted. Sorry to hear the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver98STi View Post

Thieves are the scum of the earth.

User Info Menu

I can't believe the RA is gone! This car meant a lot to us and I hope the thieves get what's coming to them! I cannot believe how much time they spent stealing the car in the first place, and then going through all that just to strip it and toss it! If they stripped everything, they must have taken it to some shady chop shop, and then towed it to the ditch. Such a sad end to a car that we decided to always keep. The reward still stands, I'll double it to $2000 to get those assholes into jail!
    JDMVIP just do it! I want super justice for this! I'm so pissed!

User Info Menu

This is heartbreaking

So sorry that it was found in this condition. I understand completely what you guys are going through, I had the same thing happen to me a while ago but with my quad.

I really hope these people will get caught. I wish I was closer to BC I would help you guys out.

Keep us updated on the situation. Did you guys at lease have the car appraised for a higher value? I hope so, therefore you will get some decent money back instead of nothing.
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

Yes very upsetting we will be going to officially assess the damage next week and go from there. Reward is still out there if the info leads to the arrest and conviction of the car thieves. Perhaps there is a ring targeting JDMs in our area and hopefully this gets it stopped so no one else has to suffer the same thing.