Thread: jdmvip got out of a distracted driving ticket for being in a JDM / RHD

User Info Menu

Thumbs up jdmvip got out of a distracted driving ticket for being in a JDM / RHD

Hey guys I posted about this happening a few months ago but a few days ago the same thing happened only the first time we actually got pulled over (wish I had pulled that dashcam footage). It was at night, wife is on the left passenger side talking on the phone and the cops were doing the distracted driving blitz. This RCMP officer was very nice, funny and cool about it.

The part you can't see is that we waved at him after and he waved back at us from his concealed hiding spot. Really nice guy and was a bit embarrassed after I said "but I'm driving" and said "oh you are driving......ok" and instantly walked away.

Has this ever happened to you guys?

User Info Menu

yep, I've had this happen in EDM years ago, I had the cops circle around and follow me into a mall while I was driving my surf and the gf at the time was on her phone in the passenger seat, I ended up parking right in front of the entrance, and the cop had been sitting there in the middle of the driving lane in the parking lot waiting to watch and grab us :P

User Info Menu

Cool Nukes I'm guessing everything was alright and not a hassle once they realized?

User Info Menu

yeah, after realizing she wasnt driving, they just moved on

User Info Menu

but it was funny last year driving my pajero, I was leaving walmart, the gf was on her phone, and a woman stopped her car in the middle of the roadway to yell and totally flip out at us thinking she was driving and on her phone, I couldnt move cause this lady was right in the middle, blocking all lanes, and even after she finally saw that she wasnt driving, she was still going ballistic in her car

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nukes25 View Post
    but it was funny last year driving my pajero, I was leaving walmart, the gf was on her phone, and a woman stopped her car in the middle of the roadway to yell and totally flip out at us thinking she was driving and on her phone, I couldnt move cause this lady was right in the middle, blocking all lanes, and even after she finally saw that she wasnt driving, she was still going ballistic in her car
    wow lol some people are just crazy. I had some crazy guy shout and point at my wife at an intersection for the same thing when I was driving.

User Info Menu

never thought about this!