Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My experience in importing Toyota Altezza to BC, Canada.

User Info Menu

The USDM headlights have two bulbs/sockets on the outermost corner, substantially bigger, and thus the mounting bracket to the inner fender is completely different. Also, if you use OEM USDM HID igniters (which mount on the bottom of the headlight), you need to remove the bumper cover to get the headlights in and out. Whereas the aftermarket igniters go in the engine bay and the headlight is slimmer and can be squeezed in/out with the bumper cover still in place.

User Info Menu

Hi Nikita, it seems like you are from the tri cities area. Where did you take your alteza for an OOP?

Thanks.

User Info Menu

Hey man, I am sorry that didn't respond to your post earlier. Looks like I don't have notifications sent to my email regarding updates on this thread.
    Regarding the OOP inspection facilities...
    If your car is modified like my Altezza, then you better go to Nickel Automotive in Vancouver.
    However, if your car is pretty much stock, I will suggest the place called GreatYear in New Westminster.
    I had my inspection there (GreatYear) for my freshly imported Toyota BB.
    The prices between two of them are $300 cash at Nickel and $175 + tax at GreatYear. An inspection at GreatYear takes approximately 3 hours, so you can easily go and watch a movie at New Westminster's station.

Hopefully, you find this info helpful, good luck with your import!

Also! I have a set of headlights off Lexus is300 (predrilled for Altezza fitment - you have to use Zipties). So, if anyone wants to rent them from me just for the inspection - you are welcome to do so. My price is a case of beer (Stella) and $200 as a deposit, that I will return back to you when you bring my lights back.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CT9Life View Post
    Hi Nikita, it seems like you are from the tri cities area. Where did you take your alteza for an OOP?

Thanks.
    Quoted your post, so you can get a notification in your email!