Thread: [INFO] Replacement Key

User Info Menu

Default [INFO] Replacement Key

Hey guys,

I couldn't find any information about this on this forum so I figured I'd make a post.

I want to confirm that this replacement key works for our GC8 in case you want a spare key or need a new key for your car. I needed a spare key because I lost a key before and didn't want to be stuck paying a locksmith to cut a new key for me based out of the barrel (can easily costs hundreds!).

Part #: 57497FE000
    Purchased from Subaru Calgary (in Calgary NE) - Currently, they do keep it in stock at all times and you can get it cut for free at Canadian Tire
    Disclaimer: Although CT does cut it for free, if the machine cuts it wrong (very small chance, very precise machines), CT is not liable to reimburse the cost of the key.
    nhgMECq.jpg

Thanks,
    Kuma

User Info Menu

Question

That's a nice looking key... but probably a "nice" price as well. What did it cost?

For use as a spare key, wouldn't something like the following be sufficient?

s-l225.jpg

User Info Menu

Yes, for a spare key, that key looks like it'll work. I actually use this one as my main key now and my old one as my spare key. The old key that I was given with the car was a very old, ratty looking thing.

The cost of the key was $40 CAD, not including GST/PST/HST depending on your province.