Thread: Relocating from SK to BC (Okanagan)

User Info Menu

Default Relocating from SK to BC (Okanagan)

Hi all,
    I'm relocating from SK to the Okanagan, looking for recommendations of insurance brokers and where to take my car for OOP inspection in the Okanagan area, anywhere from Vernon to Penticton.
    I will eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

User Info Menu

Insurance brokers in BC don't matter -- go with the one closest to your house and be patient. ICBC just implemented a new system and it seems no one knows how to use it. Just sit quietly while they fumble through and you'll be okay.

User Info Menu

Ok, thanks for the advice. I read some note on the ICBC site that if I have recently passed an inspection in SK that I would not need a re-inspection in BC. I wonder if it would be beneficial to get an inspection here before I move in a couple weeks.

http://www.icbc.com/vehicle-registra...e-in-B-C-.aspx

Near the bottom where is says if you're bringing a vehicle from AB or SK, it is exempt from an inspection if it's five years old or more and must have passed a provincial vehicle safety inspection in the previous jurisdiction within the last 90 days.
    I will eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

User Info Menu

I live in the Okanagan and might be able to help. What type of vehicle is it?