Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How has the JDM and USDM NSX held its value so well?

User Info Menu

Default How has the JDM and USDM NSX held its value so well?

I know it's a great car no doubt but there are many cars that come stock with more performance compared to this car.

I also saw a Top Gear review of the older NSX and Tiff Needle seemed to really contradict the popular thought that the car is easy to handle and control, he really wasn't too thrilled with it.

I personally think it has amazing and basically timeless looks and the handling and performance is a great blend but what has made this car hold its value better than most other cars period?

User Info Menu

design, and limited production

its one of the cars on my list..

but only cause its cool look..

User Info Menu

This is my Dream car.

early to mid ninety Lotus Esprit

and it costs about the same as a NSX

3.5L V 8 Twin Turbo

Pushing 350WBHP in stock form.

User Info Menu

Interesting but blasphemy to your JDM cars
    The NSX is definitely a nice car and I'm most impressed with the value its held.

It seems the value will never go down which is good for the owners of these fine cars.

User Info Menu

ya im sorry JDM but if i ever have the Coin for my Dream car.. I will buy it and keep it garage parked to be drivin in the summer only..

User Info Menu

I guess that's really everyone's dream

I feel fortunate that all of my dream cars are easily attainable as long as I have patience.

I know a lot of guys want the most expensive this or that but seriously the JDM cars I'm looking at do it all for me and at a reasonable cost and I still don't feel like I'm sacrificing or losing out on anything.

User Info Menu

They did have low production numbers, and AMAZING performance. Everyone seems to think that GTRs are Japan's supercar, but it was actually the NSX.

I remember when the R8 first came out, and it was tested against an early 90's NSX by one magazine...

User Info Menu

Production numbers are low for sure, but I thought performance was a mere 5.6-5.9 seconds 0-100 km/h?

User Info Menu

25-30k for a decent condition one, then having to pull the engine to change the t-belt

User Info Menu

Just bringing this one back up. 1997s with the 3.2 litre engines and 6 speeds are coming up sometime this year or next. Car and driver got 4.5 sec 0-60 and a quarter in the 13s. Car is amazing. 300 naturally aspirated horses! This thing with some Toda parts must just scream! If you could finance these it would be in my driveway as soon as it's available. What can I say i'm a Honda convert!

Cool little snippet from Wikipedia

Honda's breakthrough engineering in the NSX was a major contributor to the design of the McLaren F1 as mentioned in an interview with McLaren F1 designer Gordon Murray (translated from original Japanese into English).[21] "The moment I drove the NSX, all the benchmark cars—Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini—I had been using as references in the development of my car vanished from my mind. Of course the car we would create, the McLaren F1, needed to be faster than the NSX, but the NSX's ride quality and handling would become our new design target." The NSX was marketed as the first "Everyday Supercar" thanks in part to its ease of use, quality and reliability. Murray himself remained an NSX owner for 7 years.
    Last edited by FtGF; 07-23-2011 at 02:38 PM.
    95 WRX Sold
    96 ITR! Sacrificed to the deer gods
    02 WRX crashed
    98 Impreza RS DD

Fight the Good Fight