Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Too bad we can't import newer Silvia's

User Info Menu

Silvia's are better in most people opinion simply because of their slightly lighter weight, and parts availability. You know what they say: Lighter=Faster.

User Info Menu

theres quite a few s15's on uk shores now and there becoming really popular and not that hard to buy one over here.

most prefer a silvia (s15 or other s bodies) compared to a GTS because over here fuel is really expensive, so firstly the running cost of a 2.5turbo with a 2.0turbo is alot different with the skyline giving you roughly 19mpg with sensible driving i see 26mpg from my SR so that alot of £££ over a year. money that could be spent modding. the skylines also seem fairly slugish, when the silvia with some mild mods (exhaust, filter etc ) the sr20det feels far more revvy and you can get good power from them aswell. theres lots of uk silvias running 450+bhp and some of them are road cars not just show ponies or drift slags either

hers one of our UK boys in action, a 2jz'd s15

enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY7nYPWxOU8
    Last edited by D1 RWD; 08-20-2009 at 01:57 AM.

DEVILS CREED KPS13

User Info Menu

I love Silvia S15 Spec R. Maybe you can post more about the comparison between SR20DET and RB20/25DET. I've noticed that they have similar specs but wondered what the differences were .

User Info Menu

sr20det - 4 cylinder 2000cc single turbo
    rb20- 6 cylinder 2000 non turbo
    rb25 -6cylinder 2500cc single turbo
    Last edited by D1 RWD; 08-25-2009 at 02:21 AM.

DEVILS CREED KPS13

User Info Menu

What are the differences between RB20DET and SR20DET? Their specs are pretty similar but I think you said SR20DET feels nicer.

User Info Menu

2 cylinders would be a Large differance..

:-)

I will have a S14 soon..

User Info Menu

I never checked anything but HP specs for those two engines, I have to admit (shamefully) that I thought both engines were 6 cylinder.

User Info Menu

I'm a big softie for the S14 Kouki style front end. This has got to be one of my favorite Silvia pics of all time:

It would be because of the model posing as well

User Info Menu

rofl Griffinpwr, yes the Kouki front end is amazing though and I've always had a soft spot for Nissan (at least their older vehicles and new R35) because they just know how to do it right. I can't say it any better.

I think S15 Spec R is going to be in high demand for us Canadians once they're available.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    I think S15 Spec R is going to be in high demand for us Canadians once they're available.
    So will the 96 kouki if they look like this!