Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Too bad we can't import newer Silvia's

User Info Menu

I'm actually going to try and get one with the wing (or buy it afterwards)...

I donno, it's grown on me.

It's been a long few years wait (saving, buying parts, passing on other cars) but it should be worth it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EMAGDNIM View Post
    I'm actually going to try and get one with the wing (or buy it afterwards)...

I donno, it's grown on me.

It's been a long few years wait (saving, buying parts, passing on other cars) but it should be worth it
    Sounds like me with the skyline haha

1 moar to goo man!
    Sofa
    king
    JDM

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booSTIn View Post
    Sounds like me with the skyline haha

1 moar to goo man!
    HAHA Nice so I'm not alone with my crazy plans!? Good to hear!

I take it you're buying a GT-R34?

User Info Menu

HAHA Nice so I'm not alone with my crazy plans!? Good to hear!

I take it you're buying a GT-R34?
    I could imagine there is a more then a handful of people with the same plans... Or goals!?

But yeah, will be picking up a r34 for sure, might pick up a r33 and build it for fun car .
    Sofa
    king
    JDM

User Info Menu

I cant wait for a S15 either..

the R34 GTR is to rich for me, my wife would have my head..

a GTT this year is prolly all i will be able manage.

User Info Menu

Well since I had a winning bid for a S15 via car auction, I guess I'll be hanging here a bit more.

User Info Menu

Well since I had a winning bid for a S15 via car auction, I guess I'll be hanging here a bit more.
    Have or had?

Have = I want pics

Had = Sorry

User Info Menu

Congrats on the S15, yes let's see some pics.
    purgedtt, I see your Aristo is sold (actually I think hunter bought it right?).
    Do you have plans for an S15 or another JDM?

User Info Menu

Yeah it was a hurting unit from japan. Just got rid of a headache of a car with my 02 acura tl type s with the tranny failing at 167,000 km around 70,000 km after I replaced it the first time.

My first import experience was a total bust. But saving towards a honda s2000 now for when they are legal next year and will be using a different exporter. Cut my loses got a temporary car to hold me over (prelude) got sick of walking to work 6 days a week while I was waiting for the aristo not doing that again lol.

Curious to see what ben has done to it or what the problem was.

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about your issues I do recall that you sold it because of them though. I ran into similar issues I believe but I don't quite recall the details of yours, I know with this issue I discussed here that hunter seemed to say your car died on the highway, if it died while idling or other times maybe it was the same as me.

If you're curious here's what I'm talking about: http://forums.jdmvip.com/Aristo_JZS1..._Aristo-5743-t

PS I hope your one bad experience won't keep you away from the JDM cars. This is the only car I've ever had an issue with for whatever reason and sometimes it's just bad luck. I will definitely say that's a big deal even the problem is small because a car that seems to die randomly on the street is not very reliable or safe at the time!