Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Too bad we can't import newer Silvia's

User Info Menu

Out of interest..... do you only have the two auction photos (so far).....?

I read somewhere previously you mentioned that it is a 1999/03 so you cannot import it until March next year, is that correct......?

User Info Menu

those are the only pics you got and its been a month since you won the car..

Who is your exporter and why are they slow/terrible at taking photos.

LoL

but seriously they should have got it to the lot by now.

User Info Menu

That's crazy if you haven't been sent any pics after this time and you're having them store the vehicle for some time. Yes I'm very curious to know which company this is? I'd advise to have minimal work done to the car because if they're a diligent with the pics as they are with their work............

User Info Menu

Lots of questions... I haven't been around in a bit so I'll fill you in...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark - Brave Auto View Post
    Out of interest..... do you only have the two auction photos (so far).....?

I read somewhere previously you mentioned that it is a 1999/03 so you cannot import it until March next year, is that correct......?
    Yes, this is a March build. It's being kept in storage in Japan till December/January I believe. It's then being placed on the slow boat to Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by dah_hunter View Post
    those are the only pics you got and its been a month since you won the car..

Who is your exporter and why are they slow/terrible at taking photos.

LoL

but seriously they should have got it to the lot by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    That's crazy if you haven't been sent any pics after this time and you're having them store the vehicle for some time. Yes I'm very curious to know which company this is? I'd advise to have minimal work done to the car because if they're a diligent with the pics as they are with their work............
    The company I'm using is Right Drive. They apologized for the delay and fired off a ton of them for me.

There's a bunch more, but others have been telling me to make a another thread?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EMAGDNIM View Post
    Lots of questions... I haven't been around in a bit so I'll fill you in...

Yes, this is a March build. It's being kept in storage in Japan till December/January I believe. It's then being placed on the slow boat to Canada.
    Well...... lucky for you I am a super snoop.....lol......

If this car was for one of my customers, I would be shipping it out on a fast boat in Dec to arrive into Canada during the first few days of Jan 2014 because it is a Jan 1999 build and not a March build.

Your agent should be a bit more onto it than this..... the March 1999 which I gather they have taken from the auction sheet is the date of first registration in Japan, it is not the build date because the build date is "Jan 1999".

There you go..... you can now have your car two months earlier, they just have to workout how to prove this to customs.

Cheers

MB..

User Info Menu

Mark saves the day once again.

Hell i just checked the VIN from the Auction sheet and i saw that it was 01 (January) as well..

Good to see Right Drive is living up to there reputation.

User Info Menu

I had emailed them today to verify the build date (after reading this last bit). Sure enough, it's January. One step forward, a bunch steps back.

I don't have the time or energy since I have a lot going on right now. Now I'll be watching even more closely for now on. I used them because they "take care of everything for you", but so far its been others online making sure that everything is on the up and up.

They have been quick to respond (which is nice), but they should have brought this to my attention, not you guys.

Thanks for looking out guys! Its much appreciated...
    Last edited by EMAGDNIM; 07-24-2013 at 03:55 PM.

User Info Menu

Glad that working out..

they should give you a Storage Discount.. lol.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the update, I would do a new thread as your car will get buried in the posts of this thread.

It really looks like a nice example though and in real life pictures it looks really stunning.

I think RightDrive could do better with the updates and communication but it looks like they've got you a good clean example.