Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are all the Mazda lovers?

User Info Menu

Default Where are all the Mazda lovers?

I'd really like to be enlightened. Admittedly, I'm not a huge Mazda fan at all.
    I think the RX7 is a pretty cool little car but it's just never been my style.

What other nice cars does Mazda make and why are they special?

User Info Menu

well i think the rotory engines are crap first off..
    I do like the looks of the FD series Mazda RX7, but the engine turns me off..

also i like the Mazda Cosmo..
    4 Door Turbo Rotory, its a cool car never made over here.

User Info Menu

I really love the looks of the FD RX-7. I think it looks amazing. I'd love to drive one...

User Info Menu

It looks pretty cool I admit but it's definitely not my first preference but it's definitely nice.

User Info Menu

RX-7 love!!! The rotary engine is actually very reliable when properly maintained and it isn't abused...that often muahahaha!
    ~~REDSHARKS~~

User Info Menu

Hi Jarred

Welcome to our site!

I've heard mixed reports on the rotary engine but hear that about so many high performance engines. I know of a lot of people who have had problems with different engines all because they abuse them so I get your point

User Info Menu

I had a 12A Rotary in my 78 Toyota Corolla....Never had an issue with it!!
    08' Ford F150 Lariat Crewcab 4x4
    92 Toyota Aristo full Bippu=SOLD
    92 WRX... lots of mods=SOLD

User Info Menu

Cool thanks for that insight Aristocat
    Like any car and any engine what it always comes down to is maintenance and owner TLC I guess.

User Info Menu

Well guys, I happen to LOVE Mazda Auto's. The RX7 3rd generation design is the best design to come out of Japan EVER. Admmitadly, the rotary engine is not the best and tend to burn almost as much oil as gas, and are problematic to repair. I happen to be a Mazda Miata fan. My 1st was a 1995 white with black top, my 2nd is a 2000 Red with Tan, and I have many $$$ upgrades. I show and autocross this car and it performs better than the Corvett, Porche, and Ferrari on super tight courses. If all the cars started in Escondido and went through the mountains of Julian in San Diego the Miata would be waiting at the end of the run for ALL others to catch up. Also, the inline 4 is bullet proof. I have gone 94,000 miles and have been driving this car hard for 8 years, and change oil every 3k and one timing belt at 50K. That's it. Try drivingANY other car in this way and I assure you the Maintenance cost will be $$$$...

User Info Menu

Hey swartzkvp welcome to our site!

That's what makes us all love the JDM's I guess, the fact that these cars can often still roll with or ahead of the best of them

It always seems like with any engine the maintenance can't be skipped, people who do regularly maintenance tend to have fewer problems of course.

Do you have a preference in oils?