Thread: Possibly first JDM Honda Element imported to Canada

User Info Menu

Default Possibly first JDM Honda Element imported to Canada

Hey all,

I just finished importing a 2003 May build Honda Element. She's all passed inspection and on the road!

Black, fairly clean, no rust. Former owner spray painted the black plastic bits.

Auction grade 4 with 135k km.

Yes as my name implies, I was driving a GC8. Sold it off and now driving a slow box.

If anyone else imports one of these I can help you with any questions you have.

DRL - I used the Canadian tire Hamsar/Alpena kit with some add a circuit fuse holders. The JDM lights have parking lights that, when switched to LED, make fine DRL. When I passed inspection (and now) I'm using the HID low beams for DRL which I don't think is ideal.

The kit is like 4 wires so super easy to install. Unfortunately, the headlights in Japan are HID whereas in the US they were never sold. So sadly to pass inspection, I just swapped lenses onto the JDM housings. In the future, I'll look at doing the USDM housings with H4 to D2R adapters and run LED since the factory HID wiring will connect to the LED ballast fairly easily.

Cheers
    Kevin
    Attached Images Attached Images
      To view attachments your post count must be 1 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.

User Info Menu

Nice, never ever came across them.. what engine is in it?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joe bloggs View Post
    Nice, never ever came across them.. what engine is in it?
    It's the K24A2 ... I believe used in CRV, TL, RSX (maybe?)....

User Info Menu

Correction... k24a4... the k24a2 is in the TSX and I wanted to swap it. Element is now for sale... have to get back to Subie life.

User Info Menu

Geez you didnt keep it long

Once you own a Subaru its hard to stay away thats for sure. I had a 2012 SI thinking it would be something I would want for a daily, but nope had to go back to my Subaru haha.

Are you going to import a Subaru? If so what model are you thinking about?
    - 1996 XI Honda Integra J32, ITR Clone -
    - 2001 GDB STI WRB, Lachute Power Plant-
    - 1992 Honda Civic SI K20a2 -
    - 2001 Honda S2000 -

User Info Menu

Looks like GC8 has the JDM bug and keeps importing!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    Looks like GC8 has the JDM bug and keeps importing!

Well the point of getting the Element was because it was hard (not really) putting 2 kids in the GC8 and sometimes a bigger dog... didn't want any of them on the seats to be honest. One of the kids is in hockey and cramming his bag in the trunk of the GC8 was a pain.

So in the spirit of the Element, this time around it's a BP5 Legacy - 2003 2.0GT spec B. 5 Speed and ej20. I say I'm not going to modify it but we'll see how that goes.

Car is on its way via B-Pro and have nothing but good things to say about Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by rhdgc8 View Post
    Geez you didnt keep it long

Once you own a Subaru its hard to stay away thats for sure. I had a 2012 SI thinking it would be something I would want for a daily, but nope had to go back to my Subaru haha.

Are you going to import a Subaru? If so what model are you thinking about?
    Element is fine and all but I want to go faster again. Buuut, I went with the Subaru because of the awesome drivetrain and it's something I know... friends wanted me to go Nissan but I just couldn't do it.

IMG_0757.jpg
    Last edited by gc8d4ed; 11-10-2018 at 12:38 AM.

User Info Menu

Here's my rebuild album from my GC8... lots of love and $ went into that one.

https://goo.gl/photos/9DGVJXFzHdpqHabt7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gc8d4ed View Post
    Well the point of getting the Element was because it was hard (not really) putting 2 kids in the GC8 and sometimes a bigger dog... didn't want any of them on the seats to be honest. One of the kids is in hockey and cramming his bag in the trunk of the GC8 was a pain.

So in the spirit of the Element, this time around it's a BP5 Legacy - 2003 2.0GT spec B. 5 Speed and ej20. I say I'm not going to modify it but we'll see how that goes.

Car is on its way via B-Pro and have nothing but good things to say about Brian.

Element is fine and all but I want to go faster again. Buuut, I went with the Subaru because of the awesome drivetrain and it's something I know... friends wanted me to go Nissan but I just couldn't do it.

IMG_0757.jpg
    Wow GC8 we're literally on the same wavelength and the same auction! I was actually going to bid on that car (I had entered my bid but canceled it with USS) but passed for this one that I saw coming up the next day!
    https://forums.jdmvip.com/threads/90...h-EJ20X-Engine!

We basically co-operated without knowing it as we would have been competing against each other!
    I bet our cars may even come in on the same boat and hope we can meet up sometime after!
    I'm looking forward to this ride with the low-end torque, single turbo and nice Spec B bits (whatever that means I'd like to learn more because I can't specifically find what Spec B adds).

Cheers!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    Wow GC8 we're literally on the same wavelength and the same auction! I was actually going to bid on that car (I had entered my bid but canceled it with USS) but passed for this one that I saw coming up the next day!
    https://forums.jdmvip.com/threads/90...h-EJ20X-Engine!

We basically co-operated without knowing it as we would have been competing against each other!
    I bet our cars may even come in on the same boat and hope we can meet up sometime after!
    I'm looking forward to this ride with the low-end torque, single turbo and nice Spec B bits (whatever that means I'd like to learn more because I can't specifically find what Spec B adds).

Cheers!
    What boat are your guys cars coming on? I'm importing my first JDM car, and I have a 2003 Toyota Raum coming on the Zenith Leader!