Thread: Possibly first JDM Honda Element imported to Canada

User Info Menu

Default Possibly first JDM Honda Element imported to Canada

Hey all,

I just finished importing a 2003 May build Honda Element. She's all passed inspection and on the road!

Black, fairly clean, no rust. Former owner spray painted the black plastic bits.

Auction grade 4 with 135k km.

Yes as my name implies, I was driving a GC8. Sold it off and now driving a slow box.

If anyone else imports one of these I can help you with any questions you have.

DRL - I used the Canadian tire Hamsar/Alpena kit with some add a circuit fuse holders. The JDM lights have parking lights that, when switched to LED, make fine DRL. When I passed inspection (and now) I'm using the HID low beams for DRL which I don't think is ideal.

The kit is like 4 wires so super easy to install. Unfortunately, the headlights in Japan are HID whereas in the US they were never sold. So sadly to pass inspection, I just swapped lenses onto the JDM housings. In the future, I'll look at doing the USDM housings with H4 to D2R adapters and run LED since the factory HID wiring will connect to the LED ballast fairly easily.

Cheers
    Kevin
    Attached Images Attached Images
      To view attachments your post count must be 1 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.

User Info Menu

Nice, never ever came across them.. what engine is in it?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joe bloggs View Post
    Nice, never ever came across them.. what engine is in it?
    It's the K24A2 ... I believe used in CRV, TL, RSX (maybe?)....