Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many people are actually buying JDM MKIV Supra's?

User Info Menu

Default How many people are actually buying JDM MKIV Supra's?

I know someone from IVOAC who is and these cars are definitely not going for cheap but they'll definitely devalue the USDM ones here.

I'm not sure how much they would devalue here considering the USDM models had more power and better/strong turbos.

The nicest thing about the JDM Supra is that you have the opportunity to find a mint condition low mileage example if you're willing to pay the price.

User Info Menu

I was thinking about it.. but they cost to much.. so nope..
    R33 FTW..

User Info Menu

I was thinking along those lines too. I guess we're too similar lol
    I think R33 GTS-T is a better value too.

If I wanted a 2JZ-GTE I would rather go Aristo and 5 speed or Mark II 5 speed with the 1JZ-GTE

User Info Menu

6-spd ftw~!

I have had a thing for these supra's since I saw one when I was a LOT younger...it was so cool! But as dah_hunter pointed out...cha-ching!

An Aristo I think would be a good value...you can actually take more than 2 people comfortably as well!! lol

I'm looking forward to checking out your R33 dah_hunter...it will be awesome!

It shall be a fun trip to Vegas
    == Chris ==
    2007 Yamaha FZ6 (for sale)
    1995 BMW 525i Ltd
    1992 Levin GT-Apex - soon to be retired

User Info Menu

I agree Chris.

Actually I like the idea of the guys who get Aristo 3.0V and then swap for the 6-Speed Supra transmission.

I'm waiting for dah_hunter's R33 too......you're going to pick us up for a ride once it's here right? (no pressure)

User Info Menu

I'm bringing in a MKIV... It's landed now and I should be able to pick it up Friday or Monday

User Info Menu

Nice nice.. There are a lot of them on the way..

I do enjoy them..
    and will prolly get one next spring when the prices level out..

:-)

User Info Menu

Welcome to jdmvip.com mark88 and congrats on your new MKIV!
    Are you getting the SZ or RZ?

If you need any help with the process of clearing the car from the warehouse or shipping yard etc.. feel free to ask or check one of these threads depending on how the car came in.

http://jdmvip.com/jdmcarforums/showthread.php?t=25
    http://jdmvip.com/jdmcarforums/showthread.php?t=162

If you have a chance please do a review on your Exporter in the Vendor Feedback section.

I'm so proud we finally have a member with JDM MKIV Supra
    When I picked up my Impreza last May I saw a lot of nice looking Supra's sitting in the yard.

One more thing, please give us some pics once you have her in your possession!
    Last edited by jdmvip; 06-11-2008 at 02:23 PM.

User Info Menu

I'm getting the RZ. Black '93 RZ

A friend of mine in Lethbridge imports cars on the side. He has a contact in Japan he uses. The car gets handled by a brokerage firm when it hits Canada. It should be cleared customs tomorrow or Thursday and then I will go down and pick it up and bring it back to the Okanagan

User Info Menu

mark88 that looks amazing!

Is it coming by container or RO/RO? I can try and get a peak of it with some shots if you tell me when and where it's arriving.

I live 15 minutes from the RO/RO docks