Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auctions are very slow

User Info Menu

c'mon Derek. That's ultimate warrior. You're slipping old man! (I can say that, cause I bet we're about the same age... )

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    Bonus points if you can name the one on the left...

I grew up in the eighties but I can't remember...
    Ultimate Warrior....... now that is sad I know that....but do I still get the bonus points...

MB..
    Last edited by Mark; 04-21-2010 at 07:10 AM.

User Info Menu

The auctions are thin at the moment due to Golden Week which starts late next week.

Cheers

MB..

User Info Menu

aw, yeah. Golden week. I know I should never get hot under the collar, especially with how much Japan has given me! But some of your holidays there really get to me! I guess it's just a case of nationalism on my part. I just don't understand the significance of holidays like "golden week", so I see them as unimportant, and the inconvenience is troubling.

User Info Menu

That, and the fact that auto tax is calculated on April 1st. Many people are not into paying a year's worth of tax if they are selling their car right after.

It will pick up again after Golden week.
    Still be on the look out for good deals though since some dealers and exporters close for the week.

User Info Menu

I noticed that too, lots of recycled cars that are grade 4ish yet are in bad shape that are not getting scooped up.

User Info Menu

ahhh I should have known, holidays! Lookin forward for it to pick back up again...

User Info Menu

I still find after all this time that the auctions are very slow. There were a few weeks where it seemed to be better, at least when we're talking about some of the sporty 15-year old cars, there is mainly trash in the auctions still.