Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Please post your comments, suggestions and feedback for our site here

User Info Menu

Yep. Broken on my gmail also (and FF7).
    JDMVIP would be the only one who can change/repeal the editing power, and I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he will not. (we've had this discussion before).

I can say that I am in total agreement with it, seeing some of the requests that we get here. We've even had regular posters that get in a huff and want all of their posts deleted, because there isn't enough of their kind of car here, and they are leaving (but they want to take their ball as well!).

Seriously, put your posts together that you want added in, and we'll handle it!

As for the other issue, that kind of sucks, and hopefully VIP can do something about that.

User Info Menu

+1 on permanent editing.

Way to often I close my computer, only 10 minutes later think of something to add to a post, and by then it is too late.

User Info Menu

Problem with posting another post? Or putting a note to a mod to add it to your last post?

User Info Menu

On 99% of the forums I am on double posting is frowned upon. Doesn't seem to be the case here I guess.

Not to mention the fact I usually revise my post(s) several times after reading them over.

Kind of like this one
    Last edited by Braden; 10-05-2011 at 03:35 PM.

User Info Menu

More info on the Firefox 7 issue:
    The links to the "last post" on the forum main page are also broken in FF7.

For example,

http://forums.jdmvip.com/showthread....to=newpost&t=9

Seems again to be a problem with the "?goto=newpost&t=9" part.

User Info Menu

On 99% of the forums I am on double posting is frowned upon.
    This inferres that you are on atleast 100 different forums. That's impressive!

Okay, just joking.

We don't want open post editing. This will cause problems in the continuity of some threads. On other forums, it can feel like you are reading a Swiss-cheese version of the original. This is especially true when someone removes a section that was referred to in a quote... It's difficult to come up with the whole story.

This site prides itself as being the only forum on the Internet that has negative feedback on some companies. I find that many conning companies find a way to keep their track record clean through different means. I researched (and continue to) many of my competitors. I have probably put in many times more time and effort than even the most dedicated buyer and I have found that the average forum dealing with vehicle imports will delete feedback or ban users who speak out against sponsors of the site (or those who threaten them legally).

We are lucky to have what we have.

And that means putting up with the inconvenience of proof reading our posts. I also find it frusterating (and at times embarrassing) but that's the cost of true information.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    This inferres that you are on atleast 100 different forums. That's impressive!

Okay, just joking.

We don't want open post editing. This will cause problems in the continuity of some threads. On other forums, it can feel like you are reading a Swiss-cheese version of the original. This is especially true when someone removes a section that was referred to in a quote... It's difficult to come up with the whole story.

This site prides itself as being the only forum on the Internet that has negative feedback on some companies. I find that many conning companies find a way to keep their track record clean through different means. I researched (and continue to) many of my competitors. I have probably put in many times more time and effort than even the most dedicated buyer and I have found that the average forum dealing with vehicle imports will delete feedback or ban users who speak out against sponsors of the site (or those who threaten them legally).

We are lucky to have what we have.

And that means putting up with the inconvenience of proof reading our posts. I also find it frusterating (and at times embarrassing) but that's the cost of true information.
    That makes sense.

User Info Menu

Can you make the editing sub-section specific? For instance, my build thread. There have been times I've wanted my first post(and really, the bread and butter of a build thread) edited, and while yes I've only asked to have it edited by a mod once, it's not the same as being able to yourself. I understand and agree with the reasoning behind it, but maybe if you made a section just for builds, and made that section the exception, it would make it easier.

User Info Menu

^^ Exactly what I'd like to see. Like I said, it makes sense that the vendor reviews be locked, but perhaps not model-specific sub-forums.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 67bullet View Post
    Can you make the editing sub-section specific? For instance, my build thread. There have been times I've wanted my first post(and really, the bread and butter of a build thread) edited, and while yes I've only asked to have it edited by a mod once, it's not the same as being able to yourself. I understand and agree with the reasoning behind it, but maybe if you made a section just for builds, and made that section the exception, it would make it easier.
    +1 to this. If it was possible to have a separate build section with post editing enabled. Granted, the mods here are nice and will do it for us, but it's much better to do it yourself. I think the photos and videos section should be "editable", too. Keep all your recent photos in one place.