Thread: UCF31 talls in japanese

User Info Menu

Default UCF31 talls in japanese

Hi, I recently imported a 2003 celsior and love the car. Only one problem. When I first got it, it would say this phrase from the stereo in Japanese every time I started the car without fail. It still does this, however now it will say it completely randomly when I'm driving...sometimes once in 20 minutes, sometimes every 30 seconds...since I don't know what it means, I don't know how to make it stop...anyone else have this issue?
    Last edited by Pahooool; 10-01-2018 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Spelling

User Info Menu

Congrats on the UCF31 I have a series 1 and they are a very nice and comfy car for sure! But you have a nice upgrade in that you have the 6 speed auto which is apparently faster than the 5 speed and saves fuel!

Do you have the toll card reader or whatever they call it? I used to have one in an old Aristo and it did something similar but only when starting the vehicle. Does anything appear on the dash or the computer screen when this is happening?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    Congrats on the UCF31 I have a series 1 and they are a very nice and comfy car for sure! But you have a nice upgrade in that you have the 6 speed auto which is apparently faster than the 5 speed and saves fuel!

Do you have the toll card reader or whatever they call it? I used to have one in an old Aristo and it did something similar but only when starting the vehicle. Does anything appear on the dash or the computer screen when this is happening?
    There is something aftermarket in the drivers footwell but I didnt know what it was. A toll thing sounds similar, what is the purpose of this? Also nothing comes on the screen when it says the phrase

User Info Menu

Can you take a pic for us and post it here? I bet it is the toll-card reader. You could probably find the power cable going to it and just unplug it and it will stop (as long as we are sure it's just a toll-card reader!).

User Info Menu

Sorry the purpose is so when you pass tolls it automatically bills you so there's no need to stop and pay.