Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2003 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B Wagon BP5 with EJ20X Engine!

User Info Menu

Thumbs up

Hey yes things went very well I am very impressed with the condition the car is almost new. It has new car smell and the interior smells "new" and looks new.
    The car is running perfectly although when getting into gear there is some driveline lash and a bit when driving but it seemed to go away once the car was warm.

I am really feeling Legacy GT Spec B here although it is an 5AT it drives almost like an MT. The response is near instant when getting on and off the throttle and because of the twin-scroll VF38, dual AVCS the car is quick. The gas is almost touchy as in the car takes off right away and if you give it some extra gas suddenly you have massive boost and are at like 4500 RPM . The cornering and suspension are much improved IMHO over the BH5 GTB version I have. I am not sure what is exactly different about Spec B but in either case the car feels very tight and firm in the corners and even on bumps (I am surprised at how hard and stiff the suspension feels in a good way). It is much more Impreza like than you might expect and it really attacks the corners the grip is absolutely massive (typical for Subaru AWD) but when driving you wouldn't think it is a wagon or "family car" of any sort. I was driving on a highway on ramp which was more like a small creek because of how much water there was and Legacy didn't shift at all and stayed rock solid.

Unfortunately by this time most of the cars seemed to be picked up already. I saw a Chaser, WRX Wagon and two nice Aristo's and a Mazda AZ-1 though

[/URL]

User Info Menu

OMG its beautiful!!! This is by far the best feeling when buying a JDM car, seeing it for the first time Let us know if you find anything interesting inside the car when you end up cleaning it. We have found some very strange things over the years lol..

You didn't happen to see my brothers Forester eh?
    - 1996 XI Honda Integra J32, ITR Clone -
    - 2001 GDB STI WRB, Lachute Power Plant-
    - 1992 Honda Civic SI K20a2 -
    - 2001 Honda S2000 -

User Info Menu

Thanks yes we are quite happy with it. I did find some interesting stuff in the rear trunk/under boot storage and will post some pics. There is the full manual in the glovebox, lots of service stickers in the door jam, and a bunch of Subaru receipts/maintenance stuff in the trunk too! I also think this guy may have been in the army, into golf and possibly has kids in elementary school in Japan (will explain more with pics later!). I think we have a thread somewhere here about interesting/strange stuff in our cars I am always curious about that. I've never had super interesting stuff so far but this time is the most interesting .

User Info Menu

Looking forward to the pics
    - 2001 Honda S2000 -

User Info Menu

OK here you go Holly

The first pic was the "dog tag" but actually it seems to be some kind of "security ID". I guess he could have been anything from a Night At The Museum Guard, military, police or other type of security? I guess I'm hoping the owner was some sort of Japanese James Bond . What do you guys think?

When I opened the trunk and looked at the storage it warmed my heart and got me excited . The owner seems like he is practically sharing his life or at least his family.
    I gather the fan thing with the 3 characters is something a child would make in Japanese school? (someone please enlighten me

Next we have a pile of magazines/books and the first one seems to be something about Kyushu (where this Subaru used to live )

Next is some sort of "cute book" I am not sure what it is. Does anyone know? What is JTB?

In between the pile there seems to be some kind of Subaru paper and maintenance stuff.

No clue what the next stuff is but it looks like some kind of marketing propaganda for auto service or towing? What is JAF?

Some kind of top secret letter!

Real JDM magazine!

Some sort of JDM shopping bag!

Another top secret letter!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Woah!!! you found a lot of cool stuff, super jelious! The kids drawings are so sweet. You going to hang onto all that stuff?
    - 2001 Honda S2000 -

User Info Menu

Yeah I feel very lucky and honored, my wife also noticed some cute keychain type of thing on the stalk for the wipers (will get a pic later lol). I left everything as it was.
    Most owners normally remove all of this stuff so I really feel they left it on purpose perhaps knowing it would be going overseas?
    What do you guys think the security tag on the key is from?

User Info Menu

The code is probably so you can get another key if need be, they would need that code to chip it.
    - 2001 Honda S2000 -

User Info Menu

Oops OK I will be deleting the pic just in case!