Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Right Hand Drive Insurance Discussion

User Info Menu

Default Right Hand Drive Insurance Discussion

As of now I have had great success in finding insurance companies locally that would insure both our RHD cars. My current insurance company who I have been with for several years have decided they know longer will insure RHD vehicles... Even tho I have been a good customer with no prior accidents or tickets they still said they cannot do anything for me.

Here I am in a panic all week trying to find another company, because they are only giving me a week or so to find another insurance. I called over 6 different insurance companies and everyone I mean everyone wants to only put RHD cars under facility! Is this the new thing? This is a no go for me... why should I have to pay higher insurance in a drunk driver category because I own a RHD??

How many of you are currently insured under facility?? Is it almost everyone? I myself refuse to pay the high cost. I was quoted over $3000 per year!!! for our two RHD's.

Anyways just curious what everyone is doing regarding this subject and have you thought about selling your car because of it?
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

This is horrible it sounds like Ontario. I think it is the auto industry using its influence.
    I highly doubt there is data to support that your RHD is more risky than a drunk driver!

We really need to form a strong organization to engage the insurance industry to make changes.

User Info Menu

Could very well be! Oh you got that right.
    I just know it was never like this, we need to do something or else people are not going to be able to afford to own a RHD.
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

Yes we just need more of the community to be active and work with us (they are here lurking I know because our traffic is so much more than what it was even 5 years ago). The ICBC thing in BC is what started it all, there is evidence to debunk it but the insurance industry continues to use it and I don't believe any companies have ever been forthcoming to prove how they've arrived at these rates or refusal to insure. Like you say Facility is reserved for the worst drivers and most dangerous vehicles and this doesn't fit our profile. I think the insurance industry should have to answer and prove those numbers or face a class action lawsuit in whatever provinces this is becoming an issue.

I think we just need a class action success in any single Province and the rest of the country will rollover I would expect.
    It would have to come from affected Provinces like yours (NB) or (ON) and perhaps they could also argue that the value of our vehicles has dropped as a result of these policies.

User Info Menu

Hey rhdgc8,

Old thread revival. Im wondering if you ever found some good insurance in New Brunswick? Im about to import a 2005 Stagea and need info on insurance.

Thanks

User Info Menu

the thread is really useful.

User Info Menu

There should be an option for choosing Right or left steering before ordering any vehicle

User Info Menu

I have had great success in finding insurance companies locally that would insure both our RHD cars. My current insurance company who I have been with for several years have decided they know longer will insure RHD vehicles Even tho I have been a good customer with no prior accidents or tickets they still said they cannot do anything for me.

User Info Menu

I am in a panic all week trying to find another company, because they are only giving me a week or so to find another insurance.

I called over 6 different insurance companies and everyone I mean everyone wants to only put RHD cars under facility! Is this the new thing.
    This is a no go for me.why should I have to pay higher insurance in a drunk driver category because I own a RHD.

User Info Menu

The ICBC thing in BC is what started it all, there is evidence to debunk it but the insurance industry continues to use it and I don't believe any companies have ever been forthcoming to prove how they've arrived at these rates or refusal to insure.
    Like you say Facility is reserved for the worst drivers and most dangerous vehicles and this doesn't fit our profile.