Thread: Budget small Japanese Hot Hatch - Suggestions?

User Info Menu

Default Budget small Japanese Hot Hatch - Suggestions?

Hi all,

Hopefully this is in the right place.
    I am looking into importing a small Japanese hot hatch, it needs to be small as I have a single garage it can comfortably fit a car 1.9m wide by 4.1m long. Ideally smaller though and at a small budget, less than 5k.

Ive been looking at:
    - Toyota Vitz RS Turbo (150ps) quite rare, little unusual and I used to have a standard RS (T Sport) fun little car
    - Toyota Starlet Turbo / Glanza (130/140ps) don't really know a great deal about these so if anyone can shed some light that would be good, I've heard good things and they look good in later year spec

Beyond that I'm not sure what I could get for my price range.
    Any suggestions?

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forums Scotty! For a hot hatch I think those are excellent choices.
    There is also Mazda 323-Turbo and Nissan Pulsar GTI-R. I think the Vitz RS Turbo would be a nice choice though.

If you need help sourcing drop me a PM and I can run you through the process and even bid on the car for you and have it shipped to your port.

Good luck and happy motoring! Please keep us updated and let us know if you need any help.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the welcome.
    I'd love a pulsar gti r but I think they are well above my price range? The 323 is a nice car but I can't find any for sale.

The Vitz looks positive seen some selling for between 180 and 350k yen. Does anyone know anything about the mitsubishi colt ralliart version r from 2007 to 2009?

1.5 turbo 150 odd ps. Seen some grade 4s with 80k on them going for around 280k yen. Cool looking cars, any thoughts?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    If you need help sourcing drop me a PM and I can run you through the process and even bid on the car for you and have it shipped to your port.
    I might take you up on that offer I've contacted braveauto and also dcy in the UK currently.

User Info Menu

No worries Scotty as long as you get a good car and contribute to the forums I would be very appreciative. If you need any help you know where to find me .
    Those Colt Rally R's are nice looking do you mean like one of these guys? I actually wouldn't mind one myself if they were importable to Canada.