Thread: Mileage at auction house vs at your home port difference thread? What is yours?

User Info Menu

Default Mileage at auction house vs at your home port difference thread? What is yours?

So guys here's what I'm talking about. When you see a car at auction the sheet will have the current mileage (at least when it was checked before going through auction). When my car went through auction the stated mileage was exactly 57600 KM

When I got it at port the mileage was: 57647 KM
    That's a difference of 47KM from the time it left USS Kyushu, to Yokohama Port and to New Westminster Port in Vancouver, BC (Canada)!It would be cool if our members could report their variance in a format like this:

Mileage At Auction: 57600KM
    Mileage At Destination Port: 57647
    Source Auction: USS Kyushu
    Source Port: Yokohama/Kawasaki
    Destination Port: New Westminster, Canada

Honestly I am surprised at the 47KM additional but if we imagine the car was driven within the auction house, then possibly a few KM in the auction house, then near the port, in the port, and the same at home port I think it's not unusual to rack up a bit of mileage. What do you guys think? Might we notice some ports have higher variances than others I wonder but I don't think anything funny is going on but it's an interesting thread IMHO

Auction Sheet:

Pic At Port:

Last edited by jdmvip; 01-03-2019 at 07:18 PM.

User Info Menu

That is something I never even checked when I picked up my STI!!! Was so overwhelmed with my situation, mileage wasn't a concern haha..

When I go with my brother to pick up his Forester I will post up the exact mileage difference. I am curious now
    - 1996 Honda Integra J32, ITR Clone -
    - 1992 Honda Civic SI K20a2 Turbo -

User Info Menu

I think a lot of us do that but yeah let's make it a habit it's interesting I'm curious to know how your brother's Forester looks (we also have to remember he would have more than me even if he came from the same auction house since there would be some extra driving on your home end probably). Also we hope we don't find some cars have hundreds of K's extra lol (which would imply the destination port workers may be doing more than just driving the car off the boat). Actually some people complained years ago that this sort of thing happened in New West (or at least claims they say workers drifting cars around).

I'm also curious was it cheaper to ship to New West and rail all across than Halifax RORO?

User Info Menu

I think we may be towing it, depends on the weather really. So I will check the miles as soon as we get to Halifax. As far as shipping from New West to Halifax, no it is actually more expensive.. and I am not sure why William didn't send it directly to Halifax Port. He did the same thing with his Legacy and it was delayed for days in Quebec and unfortunately had his gauges stolen within that time period. When we bought the Integra it was sent directly to Halifax Port. There must be a reason as to why its sent one way or another, but I am not sure honestly.

User Info Menu

I see sorry to hear about that hopefully there was some theft and damage insurance.

Halifax for your case is the best option IMHO.

User Info Menu

I see sorry to hear about that hopefully there was some theft and damage insurance.

Halifax for your case is the best option IMHO.

User Info Menu

I am curious to know what the mileage looks like.

User Info Menu

We picked up my brother's Forester today.

Mileage At Auction: 52,125
    Mileage At Destination Port: 52,141
    Source Auction: Don't remember
    Source Port: Kawasaki
    Destination Port: Livingston International Halifax Nova Scotia

This car travelled via train from Vancouver to Halifax, was not dropped off directly at Halifax port.