Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want a Supra!!!!

User Info Menu

Default I want a Supra!!!!

I know this is kind of a random post, but the Toyota Supra has always been one of my "dream" cars. Before I purchased my Honda S2000 I was torn between the two. The S2000 just happen to fall into my lap.. otherwise I would of waited for the right Supra.

I have noticed they have gone up quite a bit in value since I last shopped around. Anybody have a Supra for sale? I am open to N/A or turbo as long as its not automatic. Also willing to trade my S2000 for one.

Has anybody imported one from Japan lately? If so what did you roughly pay, and what was the condition and mileage? The market for these things are so up and down it's hard to figure out what would be a good price.

Thanks

@cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

Nice pics and we all do I think! Even a 1993 Supra does not look old or dated today to me, they are a very timeless and classic car. Not a ton of Supra's have been going through auction recently but I can check for you later today and let you know. If you're ready I can help bring one in any time. You are right there is a huge variance though a big part is demand "does someone really want this car" because there's not a ton going through auction like some more common cars.

User Info Menu

You got that right, it will never look outdated such a beautiful car. I have noticed that as well, I haven't seen much go through auction and if I do they are auto and have really terrible body kits installed lol...

I am not ready as I still need to sell my s2k but I am defiantly shopping around and seeing what is available. If the right one came up I would jump on it regardless if I still have the s2k or not. Your welcome to keep an eye out for me if you don't mind.
    @cdmtyper

User Info Menu

Yes selection has been tough for sure regardless of if you want an SZ, RZ or an auto! And bodykits yes you'll have to choose one because most of them do have some kind of crazy kit!
    No problem I'll let you know if I see anything interesting.

User Info Menu

Ya I am being super picky because the cost is going to be high. I don't want to pay for something and not be happy with it.
    @cdmtyper

User Info Menu

Hey... want a supra and love Donut Media? I'll just put this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3CF-kCyz7s&t=17s

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gc8d4ed View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3CF-kCyz7s&t=17s
    Interesting video looks like another JDM addict now

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhdgc8 View Post
    Ya I am being super picky because the cost is going to be high. I don't want to pay for something and not be happy with it.
    Makes complete sense let's take our time and make sure it is the best example and have it checked at auction.

User Info Menu

Biding on one tonight!! fingers crossed
    @cdmtyper

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gc8d4ed View Post

youtube.com/watch?v=Y3CF-kCyz7s&t=17s
    It's worth so much because hardly any were sold in the US. Something like 11 thousand. There's twice as many Delorean and just as many Ferrari low production 355's were made. All the Ferrari 355's were perfomance versions while only so many of the 11 thousand US Supras were turbo models or manual versions.