Thread: Moving From Japan Back To Canada

User Info Menu

Default Moving From Japan Back To Canada

After 25 years in Japan we have decided to move back to Victoria, BC. I have just started researching the prospect of taking my '93 HDJ81V LandCruiser with me. I just got a quote for 300,000 yen via RoRo which I thought was excessive. I would prefer to ship container as I can take back some other items. Any thoughts, advice or help would be greatly appreciated. i sent Brave Auto a couple emails but haven't got a response yet. The quote we got was from our car dealer. Some of the other 4x4 guys on iH8MUD.com said it was straight forward but this all seems like a royal headache so far. Thanks ..

User Info Menu

Ro/Ro shipping to Van is US$80 per cube and everyone is charged the same. The LC will cube out at about 16 so 16 x US$80 is what it should be. There will be some port costs but defiantly will not be anywhere near 300,000yen in total, not even near 200,000yen.
    Contact NYK (shipping line) yourself since you are in Japan.
    I see your email in my inbox but will answer you here since I am currently on here, cannot help with personal vehicles, only vehicles purchased by us from the auctions.
    Regards
    Mark.

Mark Bremner
    Brave Auto International - Japan Based Vehicle Exporter & Auction Agent - 20yrs Sourcing & Exporting Genuine Hi-Grade Vehicles to Customers Worldwide.

Main Website / Japanese Auction Search Website / Facebook / Youtube

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark - Brave Auto View Post
    Ro/Ro shipping to Van is US$80 per cube and everyone is charged the same. The LC will cube out at about 16 so 16 x US$80 is what it should be. There will be some port costs but defiantly will not be anywhere near 300,000yen in total, not even near 200,000yen.
    Contact NYK (shipping line) yourself since you are in Japan.
    I see your email in my inbox but will answer you here since I am currently on here, cannot help with personal vehicles, only vehicles purchased by us from the auctions.
    Regards
    Mark.
    Many thanks Mark. Great info and a good yardstick to go by in deciding if all this shipping business is feasible or not. I will contact NYK. Thanks again.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B Point View Post
    Many thanks Mark. Great info and a good yardstick to go by in deciding if all this shipping business is feasible or not. I will contact NYK. Thanks again.
    I told ya Mark was a great guy and and would probably help you out!

Any idea on container pricing these days Mark? Or any interest in it? I know you mentioned before it's a PITA, but maybe enough Vancouver area people would be interested? Thinking about an SG9 for myself...
    Last edited by RyanV; 02-12-2019 at 01:59 PM.