Thread: Hello from Maine !

User Info Menu

Red face Hello from Maine !

Hi !
    My name is Jim, I am from the Portland, Maine area - saw this forum and it looked cool and helpful. I have no experience with actual JDM cars, a bit of knowledge with older Hondas & Toyotas of US market (just a bit). I am looking at a '93 Honda Prelude SI JDM (always wanted a 90s Prelude) and hoping to pick up some info. on these in particular & just things to watch out for or be aware of in general with JDMs.
    Currently considering one that's been imported, going through inspection, etc.

User Info Menu

Hi Jim welcome to JDMVIP!

Where did you find the Prelude that is already imported? Do you know what auction grade the car is and what auction house it was purchase from? That will tell a lot about the car, and help you decide.

Please post up some pictures!
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhdgc8 View Post
    Hi Jim welcome to JDMVIP!

Where did you find the Prelude that is already imported? Do you know what auction grade the car is and what auction house it was purchase from? That will tell a lot about the car, and help you decide.

Please post up some pictures!
    Hey, thanks for the welcome. The car is rated as grade 4 , not sure which auction house it came from, but is at Duncan Imports in Virginia. Had a 3rd party inspection done, it looks very clean. (I'm from the land of rust & rot, salt on the roads all winter, so body rot is always way up on the concern list) - mechanics check out good, paint /cosmetic stuff - not a VTEC which is what I wanted, but has the SI F22B engine. Low miles, they seem a bit tough on negotiating price. I'll get some pics up, too tired & hungry right now

User Info Menu

Grade 4 is good! Yes same as us, lots of salt and rusted out cars here in Eastern Canada. If everything checked out that is great. Yes personally I would purchase a SIR it would have the H22a with 4WS, instead of a F22. If you can get it for a decent price it would be worth picking up, you can always swap it later on down the road. Looking forward to the pictures!
    @cdmtyper

User Info Menu

Yeah, I'm sort of on the fence - car looks very clean as I said, price seems kind of high for something that's not exactly setup I want. having bit of a hard time finding much for valid comparison, though. Most I'm seeing are at auction in Japan, etc. , not imported or are US cars with high miles, etc.

User Info Menu

Personally I would buy your own directly from Japan. You can browse the auctions and buy the one you really want. As long as its 25 years or older you shouldn't have any issues getting it into the USA. Contact one of our sponsors if your interested in that route.
    @cdmtyper

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard! Enjoy your stay here

User Info Menu

Hello everybody!