Thread: 2000 gtb bh5 legacy e-tune brakes

User Info Menu

Default 2000 gtb bh5 legacy e-tune brakes

After a few years looking for domestic parts cross referencing I finally had to do my front brakes. Can't seem to find a good source for usm to jdm parts interchangeable except bg5 legs. So I ordered parts from rockauto based on another forum bookmarked years ago. Half right.

Front rotors work off 2004 SUBARU IMPREZA 2.0L H4 Turbocharged
    ...Pads did not technically work. I mean I made them work... squealer was in the wrong spot (cut it off) and guide slide nubs were smaller. Same pad size etc. Just sloppy feeling when braking in reverse then forwards and back and forth. But solid non the less normal driving.

To no surprise, went back onto rockauto and referenced the pics to compare to the ones on the car. Found 2002 Impreza 2.0 H4Turbo looked the same... won't know for sure until I wear these carbon ceramics down.

Also ordered rear e-brake shoes from a 2005 SUBARU LEGACY 2.5L H4 Turbocharged. Ran outa patience today to see if they fit. Will try again tomorrow maybe.

Any info on correct C.P.R.(caliper pads rotors) ebrake shoes would be helpful.. thanks 20191031_155545.jpg
    2000 Bh5 Legacy E-tune
    1989 Hardbody p/u sr20det
    1995 Justy GL

User Info Menu

Got the rear ebrake shoes done. 2005 subie leg 2.5 H4 turbo are a fit! Ordering rear pads rotors next...
    2000 Bh5 Legacy E-tune
    1989 Hardbody p/u sr20det
    1995 Justy GL

User Info Menu

You can cross reference everything on this site to make it a lot easier to find parts.

https://subaru.epc-data.com/
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

I also had similar issues with my front brakes when I tried fitting 2002-2004 turbo WRX pads in. Ended up sticking the originals back in till I got the right equipment. I went with WBR (World Brake Resources) rotors in the front. Part number is 26300 AE061. The Front brake pads I used are also WBR and the part number is 721-03. As for the rear brake rotors I have WBR again with the part number being 26700 AE081. For pads in the rear I went with Akebono, part number is ACT770. All brake pads are ceramic. All the rotors are regular rotors, no sense in putting slotted or drilled rotors in. I should mention that I don’t believe any of my parts came with the brake hardware (metal shims) so make sure to clean and reuse whatever you currently have. I can confirm that all these parts work without any issue. If I’m remembering correctly the rear brake callipers are the same as the ’05 2.5L turbo legacy for North America. Supposedly the front brake callipers are the same as ‘02-‘04 turbo WRX’s but as the OP and I have experienced, the pads do not seem to be a direct fit. So I’d have to guess the callipers are not in fact the same? I have a 2002 BH5 Legacy GTB E-Tune II Rev D.

User Info Menu

thank you for the info! this is definitely helpful.