Thread: Is there any chance of ordering car completely yourself?

User Info Menu

Question Is there any chance of ordering car completely yourself?

Hello guys, I am new to this forum, and right now in the process of importing the vehicle to Canada. I saw many agencies and all of them giving different prices. However, I am curious to know if there is any way to connect to the auction yourself and bid yourself on these vehicles. Has anybody done it so far? How was the process and what were the obstacles during it? I didn't find such question in the forum so decided to ask myself.

User Info Menu

Hi. You can put down your deposit at a Japanese auction, they will bid for you. Even in person in Japan you will still only be a spectator, very fun but so similar to buying overseas. Well but for being able to personally go over vehicles you are interested in, instead of paying for a runner to check for you.

You are asking very many questions, and there is tons of detailed on process if you search!

User Info Menu

Surfman the answer is not really unless you have your own company in Japan and become an auction member.
    The truth is that while prices differ on service fees there is not a huge markup by using the average Exporter.

The key is using a provider who you can trust and offers value by avoiding obvious problem cars and bad purchases (this is rarer than you may think)
    The main costs are in the shipping, taxes, duty, compliance and maintenance after importing for 12 years.

Let me know if you have more questions and good luck in your search!