Thread: Customs Clearance by yourself

User Info Menu

Default Customs Clearance by yourself

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum, wanted to ask you guys about your experiences of doing the Customs Clearance yourself, I've never done it and don't know what to expect. I've read a couple of posts about it but still not very confident. Getting my Altezza soon to Vancouver, however, I am from Saskatchewan and have to travel there. Will one day be enough for this process? Thank you!

User Info Menu

It's pretty easy. Ensure you have all your documents. Lots of threads on here with what you need to bring, and that's the hard part. Show up to the office in Vancouver (on Main st. I think), and it takes all of about half an hour to file it. I caught the red eye flight in from Winnipeg, arrived at the airport, took a train and walked to the office. It took about an hour to get to there. I was done by shortly after noon. It takes a day or two to get the car released from port and to get clearance to pick it up from the yard, though. WWS were fantastic about getting me into the yard quickly, but it still takes at least a day from the time you clear customs, so expect to overnight in Vancouver. Otherwise I think it costs about 250 bucks for a broker to hande the process and all you have to do is go to the yard to collect the vehicle.