Thread: How to turn off the Etc toll reader?

User Info Menu

Default How to turn off the Etc toll reader?

When I pickup my Subaru Legacy touring wagon gtb from Edmonton last week, I noticed the toll reader started talking to me when I started the vehicle but it won’t shut up, it gets annoying when it talks over and over while driving back for 2 hours.

Any idea on how to shut the etc reader off?

53CF5D78-6E70-47D1-94F4-EA185B4717CB.jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images
      To view attachments your post count must be 1 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.
    Last edited by OGHalo; 02-14-2020 at 03:52 PM.
    2018 Mazda 3 GS (Daily)
    2002 Subaru Legacy GT-B Limited 2
    2000 Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon GT-B E-Tune (5-Speed) (New Build)

User Info Menu

Update: I noticed when I put my debt card with a chip in it only makes one female noise and that’s it, so I already bought a fake debt card with a chip and hope that works
    2018 Mazda 3 GS (Daily)

User Info Menu

I took mine out, problem solved.
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

I could do that but don’t want to ruin the original look of the car haha but its definitely my last option if nothing else works haha
    2018 Mazda 3 GS (Daily)

User Info Menu

I just unplugged the power on mine but my wife always liked how it talked to us lol.

User Info Menu

The one in my car only talks upon getting ACC power or when the passenger bumps their knee into it. If you're set on keeping it in the car, I'd Suggest seeing if you can remove one of the cables if there is more then one. If it gets power but not data then it likely wouldn't speak after power up. I'd also recommend maybe moving it to the passenger side to give you more leg room while driving; though you do have an automatic so that might not be as much of a concern to you. I know that you already have found a solution but I figured i may as well post my suggestion in case you find yourself wanting to explore other options later on. I'm kinda curious to see what happens if put a card in mine now ahaha, knowing my luck it'd probably make it never shut up.