Thread: 1991 Figaro Inspection help needed

User Info Menu

Default 1991 Figaro Inspection help needed

Hello,

Last year we imported a 1991 Fiagro for my Sister, well last year live got really busy for her so this cute car has been stored at my house. The desicsion to sell it was decided over the holidays, and it want in for an inspection. Every single light failed, the car was ok otherwise.

I had heard that big changes had happened in the inspection process, but this is awkward as the Figaro is a custom car with no common availability. I did contact several Japanese importers, and not one can provide me with DOT lights for this car.

Can anyone recommend an inspection shop on Vancouver Island that would be willing to work with us to pass this car?

We used the Canadian Tire in Counteney.

Thank you!
    Kevin
    Attached Images Attached Images
      To view attachments your post count must be 1 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.

User Info Menu

Does the Figaro have "E-Code" headlights? If so they are already legal.
    What other lights failed? Rear OEM non-DOT lights are legal do those should have passed.

I can't recommend anyone on the Island but I am thinking Canadian Tire is not a good choice for inspection as many do not know the regulations for OOP very well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    Does the Figaro have "E-Code" headlights? If so they are already legal.
    What other lights failed? Rear OEM non-DOT lights are legal do those should have passed.

I can't recommend anyone on the Island but I am thinking Canadian Tire is not a good choice for inspection as many do not know the regulations for OOP very well.
    No E code on any lights, every single light failed and I have to add side markers. The inspector at Cdn tire side stick on ones will be ok. Bring on the 2 side tape