Hi everyone.

Basics
  • Industry: Automotive supplier (Tier 1/Tier 2)
  • Car: 2005 Subaru Legacy B4 WR Limited

New to the forums and in an interesting phase. I am a Canadian that's been living in Japan since 2013 and finally beginning to organize my move back home. That said, I am currently looking at how to bring my car back to Canada (come December) and stumbled across this forum. There's a lot of great info around here already and I hope to give back especially if anyone has questions about Japan.

My current situation is that I already own the car but need to figure out and collect the paperwork required while I am still here. Ideally, I'd like to keep costs down and do as much of the stuff I can myself

I bought my car, a 2005 Subaru Legacy B4 2.0 GT (WR Limited) back in late 2016 as a certified pre-owned from a Subaru dealer in Kawasaki and have been making the most out of it ever since (save for tracking it). Been travelling all over, going snowboarding, driving out to car meets and commuting to work everyday. It's still in excellent shape and an important part of my time here in Japan. Here's a picture of my car with its old Kumagaya license plate (below).

I'll be sure to document my journey as it progresses.

DSC_4436.JPG